This week, the weather has been pretty muggy, broken up with thunderstorms mid-week, which makes it doubly hard to want to work out. My cardio dropped from last week but I still managed to run a total of 8km this week so I’m happy with that!
I took it a little easy this week, training-wise, mainly because my body was feeling a little sluggish and weary (I’m thinking this was due to the weather?). Sadly, I also had to skip the optional Sunday workout as Sunday was a packed day – I had to work in the morning and in the afternoon, some friends rang to ask if I wanted to watch Interstellar. Did I ever! I’ve been super psyched over wanting to watch Interstellar since I saw the very first trailer. Once again, Christopher Nolan did not disappoint. I was actually worried I might not enjoy the movie so much as I had hyped it up so much in my mind but it met all my expectations. Nevertheless, I did manage to get a walk through sunny Kings Park during my work break as you can see from the pictures above!
I can’t believe it’s already Week 20 of the Kayla Itsines program. When I first started Week 1, I found myself wondering if I would make it to Week 12. I didn’t imagine I would actually finish it, let alone end up starting the BBG 2.0 and getting to Week 20! Only four more weeks to go! I’m a little worried about how I’d going to complete the last four weeks in December as it is the Christmas season and I’m already foreseeing a month packed with extra social gatherings and lots of delicious (and not necessarily healthy) food, not to mention the alcohol! I’m going to do my best just to eat until I’m satisfied, rather than stuffing myself into a food coma – however, I know if I don’t feel happy with what I’ve achieved in any given week, I can always re-do it until I’m happy.
As we are about to enter into the silly season, many fitness bloggers are posting about how to stay health during the holidays and these are some of my favourite posts:
1) Enjoy all things, but in moderation
2) Not letting my need to workout or eat healthy get in the way of real life – in other words, don’t be afraid of spending time with family and friends instead of working out and don’t be afraid of having treats, eating out and having drinks just because it means you won’t be eating clean and every sip of alcohol might add inches to your waistline. It’s all right to have a drink and a big meal every now and then – this is part of life! It’s good to be healthy as long as you don’t let it get in the way of living your life.
3) Most importantly, be kind to yourself!
November 24th to 30th:
- Monday: Kayla Itsines Week 20 (Legs)
- Tuesday: Rest Day
- Wednesday: Kayla Itsines Week 20 (Arms)
- Thursday: 5km run, 2km walk
- Friday: 3km run, 3km run/walk
- Saturday: Kayla Itsines Week 20 (Abs)
- Sunday: 35 minute walk