Although I love going through the gift idea guides many bloggers are putting out this Christmas, I hadn’t planned on making one of my own as there were so many great ones already out there. However, as I was trawling the ‘Net for Christmas gift ideas, an idea clicked in my mind to create a few Christmas gift lists with a difference – namely Christmas gift ideas for writers, fitness nuts, travel lovers, and, of course, the modern Salonniere! So many ideas kept flipping through my head, in the end I decided I just had to make my own series of Christmas gift guides!
I had a lot of fun making these gift guides, starting with this one – the Christmas Gift Guide for Writers. There were so many good ideas out there – but in the end I narrowed it down to these top six gifts!
Clockwise from top left:
- Vintage dictionary word necklaces from Out of the Blue Jewelry.
- This beautiful illustration featuring a quote by Virginia Woolf is just one of many amazing literary art prints by Robert Evan Robertson of Obvious State Studio – the perfect work to hang in your writer’s space!
- Speaking of quotes, I’m loving this notebook by Amanda Wright of Wit & Whistle. The motto on the cover reminds me that practice makes perfect, even when you feel like your creation of the day currently sucks.
- This iPhone cover by CaseHive will remind procrastinating writers to stop over-thinking their WIP and just start typing!
- At a loss for words? In reality, beginner writers are warned to keep it simple and guard against sprinkling their beloved manuscripts with bombastic words that are rarely ever used in real life. Having said that, I think Peter E. Meltzer’s The Thinker’s Thesaurus would make for a fun gift idea for word lovers!
- I spotted British It girl Alexa Chung sporting this Penguin Classics iPhone cover and immediately fell in love. It’s definitely going on my Christmas wish list!
Stay tuned for the next installment of The Salonniere’s Gift Guide for Christmas!