Happy 61st Birthday, Douglas Adams!
How cute is that Google Doodle to celebrate Douglas Adams’s birthday? Apparently, if you click on the Don’t Panic button guide, cool stuff like Babel Fish and the Earth entry (mostly harmless) show up. And if you click on the elevator doors, Marvin the Paranoid Android shows up. Though he looks different from Marvin in the movie which was round, depressed and oh so cute.
Fun facts about Douglas Adams:
1) The Restaurant at the End of the World was inspired by Procol Harum’s Grand Hotel.
2) He introduced Richard Dawkins to his future wife.
Favourite Douglas Adams characters? Easy!
1) Ford Prefect.
2) Zaphod Beeblebrox.
Obviously, I have a thing for cousins. And ridiculously unreliable bad boys.
My favourite Douglas Adams inventions?
1) The Restaurant at the End of the Universe. (does anyone else start thinking the luxury space liner and all those crazy aliens attending the Diva’s concert in Fifth Element when they think the Restaurant at the End of the Universe?)
2) The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy (the guidebook itself and the corporation)
Favourite Douglas Adams books?
1) The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul. Strangely, there’s something comforting about the book. And fun. And the murder of that record industry man who was found in a locked room with his head on a turntable. That gave me the best chills ‘n’ thrills in ages.
2) The Restaurant at the End of the Universe. (mainly because it had the Restaurant at the End of the Universe in it, and Zaphod and Ford stealing the Disaster Area’s spaceship/rocket.
Fenchurch or Trillian?
Fenchurch is a sweet girl, but Team Trillian all the way!!!